If you are in search for a reliable Greater Vancouver roofing contractor, you may be wondering how to pick the right one. Any good roofing contractors won’t mind if you ask them specific questions and do a background check.
ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
Ideally, you must have two to three roofing contractors at hand so you can have a comparison of their prices and work quality. You might be wondering on the set of questions you should ask them. To help you, we’ve compiled a list of guidelines to ensure that the contractor you’ll hire is the best:
- Make sure that the roofing contractor you’ll hire communicates with you in a prompt and professional manner. If you have to wait several days to get your estimate or an email reply, it may indicate that the company may be loose with details or simply too busy to treat you with the care you deserve.
2. Ensure that the roofing contractor is legitimate by asking them a copy of their business address, business website, contact numbers and tax identification numbers.
3. The roofing contractor must be able to present their proof of insurance, which includes the General Liability Coverage and Worker’s Compensation. You may also ask the roofing contractor for a list of references and previous customers so you may enquire about the contractor’s work performance.
4. Enquire if the roofing contractor has been certified by the roofing manufacturer to install the products you have chosen to use.
5. Ask the contractor as to how many people will work on the project, the ones who will supervise and the time it will take to finish the project.
6. Make sure to read the warranty information on your project carefully and ensure you and the contractor understand each other when it comes to expectations or actions that may potentially void the warranty.
7. Get a copy of the contract. Information in the contract must include the following: safety procedures, materials to be used, daily start and end times, the length of the project, the amount of payment, payment schedule, and the clean-up methods.
8. Don’t hire roofing contractors based on the lowest pricing bids as they may not offer the same quality as roofing contractors with marginally higher fee and credentials.
9. Do they hold an A+ accreditation with the Better Business Bureau? We do, check out our here!
Bear in mind, researching and studying the different contractors before making your decision is crucial to ensuring that your roof is safe, dry and secure for the coming years. If the above questions make the contractor uneasy, then we advise that you go for another contractor. If a contractor was referred to you by a friend, still ask the questions, especially regarding liability insurance. Read more about the importance of insurance here.
Contact us if you are looking to have a roof repaired or replaced. We will answer all your questions and address any concerns you have. Our goal is your satisfaction